Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1kz-te in my Wrangler

Originally posted by ninjeep View Post
    the fuel is pulled into the pump, but it doesnt come out of the overflow either, it starts to slowy leak from the speed sensor until the pressure fades.
    all of the wires you showed need 12v right? like the nsf?
    im running it without the fuse box so theres no relays involved.
    i tested the voltage to everything with the ign on and everything is at spec.
    where does the start signal originate? im not sure if its going to 11 & 22, my diagrams not here, i will check it out after work. i will try and send you a pic of what i have going on so far. thanks for the help and patience!
    The start signal originates in the ignition switch. whatever you are hooking to the +12 to energize the starter solenoid should also go to pin 11&22. That tells the ECU the starter motor is turning. I wonder why you have a leaking speed sensor? Do you think it has been removed before? Could the wire be broken internally? The speed sensor should be 205-255 ohms at 68 degrees F.

Is the ECU doing anything, like toggling on the glow plugs for a few seconds?
    '78 FJ40, 1KZ-TE ,NV4500, FMIC, 20psi ,3" exhaust, ROM tune 152 RWHP 277ftLb.

Comment

Originally posted by ATSTodd View Post
      The start signal originates in the ignition switch. whatever you are hooking to the +12 to energize the starter solenoid should also go to pin 11&22. That tells the ECU the starter motor is turning. I wonder why you have a leaking speed sensor? Do you think it has been removed before? Could the wire be broken internally? The speed sensor should be 205-255 ohms at 68 degrees F.

Is the ECU doing anything, like toggling on the glow plugs for a few seconds?
      the wires are good, and it turns on the plug relay for about 10 seconds. im stumped...

Comment

Last edited by ninjeep; 03-03-2010, 04:37 PM.

Comment

im not sure if these help my case

Comment

this is the wiring.
            its a harness from a 4runner so the wire colors are different.

Comment

Have you verified that the spill valve does have voltage on the blue wire? you should be able to pull its plug and check. I see your wiring coming from the ignition switch but does it also go to the engine harness?

Comment

I looked at the second Video again. It is hard to see but I don't see any connection to the engine harness from your 22 pin ECU connector. Look for the red-blue wire coming out of the engine harness, it goes to all the actuators the engine needs to run. Without this connection it will be dead as a hammer.

Also It does not really matter for testing but Pin 1 should go straight to the battery through a fuse so the ECU will keep its memory, especially any Check Engine light codes.

The Check Engine Light (CEL) hooks up to pin 5 of the 22 pin connector. Give the lamp power and pin 5 will ground it to turn on. Might be a good check to see if the ECU is doing that.

Is your glow lamp hooked to pin 25?

Comment

Have you verified that the spill valve does have voltage on the blue wire? you should be able to pull its plug and check. I see your wiring coming from the ignition switch but does it also go to the engine harness?
                  engine harness? please be more specific. are you talking about the 22 pin?

Comment

im going to take my digital camera and take beter pictues, my phone sucks!

Comment

You have two connectors going Into the ECU besides the 22pin. Most of those go to the engine and tranny. The engine harness is the bundle of wires from those two connectors to the engine. Without seeing your harness its hard to say where to look for that wire, but you can be certain that it connects to the Vacuum switching valves near the throttle body. There are three of them, two for the intake restrictor control and one for the EGR. They are about the only thing with small vacuum hoses connected to them. so start looking there, then at any loose ends of your engine harness. You can use a multimeter to positively ID the wire.

Comment

I looked at the second Video again. It is hard to see but I don't see any connection to the engine harness from your 22 pin ECU connector. Look for the red-blue wire coming out of the engine harness, it goes to all the actuators the engine needs to run. Without this connection it will be dead as a hammer.

Also It does not really matter for testing but Pin 1 should go straight to the battery through a fuse so the ECU will keep its memory, especially any Check Engine light codes.

The Check Engine Light (CEL) hooks up to pin 5 of the 22 pin connector. Give the lamp power and pin 5 will ground it to turn on. Might be a good check to see if the ECU is doing that.

Is your glow lamp hooked to pin 25?
                        i believe it comes out of on of the other pinsets, i tested the voltage to the speed sensor, spill control and timing valves and they all have power. is there anyway you could take a pic of youre setup? or is it all loomed up? Im going to start drawing a diagram to go off from scratch, do you think you could help me with it? i want to post it on here so everyone can access it.

Comment

You have two connectors going Into the ECU besides the 22pin. Most of those go to the engine and tranny. The engine harness is the bundle of wires from those two connectors to the engine. Without seeing your harness its hard to say where to look for that wire, but you can be certain that it connects to the Vacuum switching valves near the throttle body. There are three of them, two for the intake restrictor control and one for the EGR. They are about the only thing with small vacuum hoses connected to them. so start looking there, then at any loose ends of your engine harness. You can use a multimeter to positively ID the wire.
                          and these all need to be positive signals from ecu? or can i just run them to a 12v lead?

Comment

You need to study this:
                            http://www.mhdfl.com/1KZTEWIRINGKZN130.pdf

The only mistake is the glow plug indicator, but you don't need that to start it.

Notice there are two rows of circles with letters in them above and below the ECU. One is for Manual Transmissions, just cross them out. The letters refer to the connectors drawn at the bottom of the page. H is the 22 pin connector. Next to the letters are the pin #'s for that connector.

Comment

You need to study this:
                              http://www.mhdfl.com/1KZTEWIRINGKZN130.pdf

The only mistake is the glow plug indicator, but you don't need that to start it.

Notice there are two rows of circles with letters in them above and below the ECU. One is for Manual Transmissions, just cross them out. The letters refer to the connectors drawn at the bottom of the page. H is the 22 pin connector. Next to the letters are the pin #'s for that connector.
                              i wish i had that diagram two weeks ago :)
                              i think thats how its hooked up, but i will double check
                              any idea what would make the pump pull fuel into it and then push it back out the inlet? im wondering if the pump is messed up.. is there a vavle that keeps the fuel from going through the return line from the pessure of the lift pump?

Comment

You didn't wire the spill valve to 12 volts did you?

Comment

Working...
                                X