Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A look inside the 90915-30002 Oil Filter.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A look inside the 90915-30002 Oil Filter.

The infamous 90915-30002 oil filter has been cut open for the world to view over on the Toyota Surf Australia Forum. :thumbs:

90915-30002 Cut Open.

Brad
    -------------------------------------------
    1989 Toyota Hilux Surf
    1990 Toyota Liteace "JustLow" Pickup
    1988 VW Syncro Vanagon [For Sale]
    -------------------------------------------

Interesting!
    96 Tacoma HiLux 3L Diesel conversion
    02 Tacoma Prerunner SOON TO BE KZT-E
    84 Camry 3C-T turbo-D
    85 XtraCab 2WD 2L-T turbo-D
    79 HiLux 2LII-T turbo-D
    85 Honda VF1000R motorcycle (First crotch rocket)
    38 Cadillac 90 V16 Fleetwood Formal
    82 Cadillac Eldorado 350 Diesel
    85 Yamaha V-Max (Ultimate muscle bike!)

Comment

Yeah. Someone said Ryco filters are no good. I use them. Don't think you have them over there. I'm still not convinced genuine is better though. What do you guys think/

Nev
      Toyota Surf \"92 LN130
      2.4 TD 2L-TE

Comment

Looks like a winner to me. ...though charles is the only one i know on this side of the pond that uses those. The non-cali US models use a different filter.

Comment

Looks like Toyota believes in toilet paper filters:

http://groups.msn.com/toyotasurf/gen...o&PhotoID=7437

That filter is $38.00 from the dealer here. I just checked.

Almost time to head up to Costco for another 30 'filter elements'...about $18.00 with taxes. :banana:
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Akroyd_Stuart

So, why do we call it a "Diesel" when he didn't invent it?

Comment

Heh! I knew you would like that filter 87-2LT :D

They are slightly cheaper at my local Toyota dealer...last one I bought was about $32Cdn after taxes etc...still pretty painful on the wallet.

I'm still looking for a local distributor of the Hastings LF151 clone thats 1/3 the price.

Comment

Wix

anyone using Wix?

Comment

WIX oil filter vs. Toyota vs. Toyo vs. Terrain Tamer

Good Day.
                I've used the Wix filter from Napa. It fits my Townace with the 2C-T motor and the Prado with the 2L-TE engine. It still cost $24.51 + taxes with a discount from Napa. It has a smaller volume, is physically shorter, definitely has less filtration area and I'm not sure if it's 2 stage filtration like the Toyota or Toyo filters.
                4WD Automotive in Edmonton now sells the 'Terrain Tamer' brand of jobber filter made in Australia for about $34. It looks the right size but weighs a lot less if that has any relationship on quality.
                I have all of these filters in my possesion to compare.
                Hope this helps.
                Roman
                1990 Prado 2L-TE EX5 automatic 4WD
                1989 Townace Super Extra 4WD 2.0l 2CT 5 speed

Comment

numbers

whats the number on the Wix? the same one fits the townace and Prado?

Comment

Originally posted by Roman
                    4WD Automotive in Edmonton now sells the 'Terrain Tamer' brand of jobber filter made in Australia for about $34. It looks the right size but weighs a lot less if that has any relationship on quality.
                    Pricey Toyota here sells the genuine one for $38.00. Why bother with cheapo knock-off?

Comment

Dose anone know what Brand LORDCO sells , i orderd an oil filter today and didnt even ask what brand it was 87-2LT where abouts on the island are you matey?
                      The car in front (in 5 feet of mud) is a TOYTOA

Comment

I'm in Victoria. How about you? I don't think Lordco has anything that fits a JDM import, or what exactly are you driving?

Comment

WIX # 51368 oil filter

Hi.
                          The WIX # 51368 from Napa at $24.50 is $13.50 cheaper than the Toyota one for $38.
                          Or about $9.50 cheaper than the 'Terrain Tamer' at $34 from 4WD Auto in Edmonton.

Yes this filter fits both my Pardo and the Townace. The thread is the same 24mm diameter x 1.5mm pitch. The original 'Toyo' jobber brand filters that I use (TO-1214M for the Townace and TO-1216M for the Prado) are only different in height by about 1-1/2" or so.

Not 100% sure of the internal relief valve / bypass specs on the WIX filter though. It seems to work fine. If anyone thinks I'm going to do my engines harm, please let me know.
                          Roman
                          1990 Prado 2L-TE EX5 automatic 4WD
                          1989 Townace Super Extra 4WD 2.0l 2CT 5 speed

Comment

Your right about Lordco , when i went in to pick it up they had orderd it thinking it was a 22r :gimp: you dont want to know how many times i had told them it was a diesel !!!!!

Im in parksville There is some pretty good 4 X 4'in Up here , you should come check it out somtime , Acouple of my friends are leasing 5 acres of land And we are going to make are own little 4x4 park this year hopefully!
                            The car in front (in 5 feet of mud) is a TOYTOA

Comment

wix cheap through amsoil

wix # 51368 oil filter is $13.50 ( before tax and shipping) through AMSOIL. This is not the first time they are way cheaper than the other guys. i got hosed through Piston Ring on a wix fuel filter for my Terrano- paid about $60 bucks for it and amsoil has it for around $20!!!! i already buy all my oil and diesel additive through amsoil and looks like i will get my filter through them too...

Comment

Working...
                              X