Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pics & Info....boost gauge & Turbo pressure help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pics & Info....boost gauge & Turbo pressure help!

    I have found out the engine code for my Avensis.

    Its called a 2C-T

    Turbo boost pressure is......

    Bar/rpm..... 0,53-0,67 /5150 Does this make any sense to anyone, I dont have a clue!! Whats this in psi?

    Also mine is a mechanical injection so I dont think I will have an ECU?

    I have taken a pic of my engine.....any ideas as to where I should put the T piece so my boost gauge will work





  • #2
    Re: Pics & Info....boost gauge & Turbo pressure help!

    Also....forgot to ask!! Any ideas on where the fuel screw is on my engine as this will need turning up when I put more boost in.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Pics & Info....boost gauge & Turbo pressure help!

      I'm not sure about this engine but it does look as if you have an electronic controled injector pump, or can I just not see the linkage?
      and look the net for a bar / psi conversion chart if there is such a thing.....
      now I need to know.....(thanks)

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Pics & Info....boost gauge & Turbo pressure help!

        Originally posted by mooner View Post
        I'm not sure about this engine but it does look as if you have an electronic controled injector pump, or can I just not see the linkage?
        and look the net for a bar / psi conversion chart if there is such a thing.....
        now I need to know.....(thanks)

        Just checked it out! Its a min of 7.6psi and a max of 9.7psi

        Here is a converter chart I found......

        http://www.centauro-owners.com/articles/psibar.html



        All I need to know now is where to put the T piece so I can fit the boost gauge and where the fuel screw is.....

        Any help would be great

        Paul

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Pics & Info....boost gauge & Turbo pressure help!

          take your pressure/vacume off your intake manifold. should be a small hose there conected to a sensor
          Dave
          www.uriedog.com

          sigpic

          www.surfowners.net

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Pics & Info....boost gauge & Turbo pressure help!

            You've got so many hoses it looks like a gas engine. Sort of hard to believe it's just a "simple" mechanical.

            I agree with the above, find something that leads to your intake manifold and "T" off that.

            --Radio
            1985 2L-T 4x4 Longbed, PROJECT ON HOLD AGAIN whilst I pay medical bills. In hand and in progress: Sky Hi-Steer; FROR FF rear axle/disc brake conversion

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Pics & Info....boost gauge & Turbo pressure help!

              I see what looks to be the Turbo Pressure Sensor on the left side of the picture above the mating surface of the injection pump bolted with two 10mm bolts to the top of the intake manifold. It has a black plug on it with 3 wires coming out of it. Check that sensor and see if it is the turbo pressure sensor. If it is put a T in that line and hook the gauge up to that. Looks exactly like the sensor on my 1kz.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Pics & Info....boost gauge & Turbo pressure help!

                Originally posted by 82yota View Post
                I see what looks to be the Turbo Pressure Sensor on the left side of the picture above the mating surface of the injection pump bolted with two 10mm bolts to the top of the intake manifold. It has a black plug on it with 3 wires coming out of it. Check that sensor and see if it is the turbo pressure sensor. If it is put a T in that line and hook the gauge up to that. Looks exactly like the sensor on my 1kz.

                Checked it today mate...... it is the one! It says in very small writing 'Turbo Pressure Sensor' just underneath it (connected to sensor) is a hose with number 6 on it.......this must be the hose I T piece into?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Pics & Info....boost gauge & Turbo pressure help!

                  I agree with Mooner, your engine is not mechanical, it's EFI. There's no throttle linkage or boost compensator on the I.P., and it has a fuel spill valve instead of a fuel cut solenoid, and there's the usual EFI plugs on the pump. I've never heard of of a 2C-TE, are you sure it's not a 3C-TE (2.2 L versus 2.0 L)? That valve cover looks strange, I wonder what's going on under there. Also looks like it's intercooled? The fuel screw is on top of the fuel spill valve, under the little rust colored metal cap. The spill valve is the large cylinder with the black rubber boot on the back of the injection pump.
                  85 4WD Custom Cab Pickup 1KZ-T 5 speed (mechanical Mitsubishi 4M40 injection pump, veggie oil conversion)
                  84 Corolla Liftback, Rebuilt 2C-T
                  91 4Runner Mercedes OM617 Turbo diesel

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Pics & Info....boost gauge & Turbo pressure help!

                    1 atmosphere = 1 Bar = 14.7 psi

                    There is my 2 cents

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Pics & Info....boost gauge & Turbo pressure help!

                      Originally posted by Lars View Post
                      I agree with Mooner, your engine is not mechanical, it's EFI. There's no throttle linkage or boost compensator on the I.P., and it has a fuel spill valve instead of a fuel cut solenoid, and there's the usual EFI plugs on the pump. I've never heard of of a 2C-TE, are you sure it's not a 3C-TE (2.2 L versus 2.0 L)? That valve cover looks strange, I wonder what's going on under there. Also looks like it's intercooled? The fuel screw is on top of the fuel spill valve, under the little rust colored metal cap. The spill valve is the large cylinder with the black rubber boot on the back of the injection pump.

                      It does have an intercooler. I was told it was mechanical due to the favt it cant be chipped? The engine is known as a 2C-T. They are 1994cc. This model and engine was built in the UK from 1997 onwards.

                      Thank you for advice on fuel screw!! I think I have to turn the fuel up once I have upped the boost?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Pics & Info....boost gauge & Turbo pressure help!

                        Originally posted by godzilla View Post
                        It does have an intercooler. I was told it was mechanical due to the favt it cant be chipped? The engine is known as a 2C-T. They are 1994cc. This model and engine was built in the UK from 1997 onwards.
                        Interesting, first I've heard of that engine. Just because a chip isn't made for a particular engine doesn't mean it's mechanical. Also depends on what one means by mechanical. The injection pump is techically mechanical, but it's controlled by a computer, so it's referred to as EFI. A D4D is a whole other story that I don't know much about, much more computer control.
                        I wouldn't touch the fuel screw unless you're seriously underpowered, as it will probably eat into your fuel economy. And if you do, go slowly, 1/4 turn at a time, in for more fuel out for less. Also too much fuel will create excess heat and lead to a cracked head, you may want to look into a pyrometer if you're going to mess with the fuel volume.
                        85 4WD Custom Cab Pickup 1KZ-T 5 speed (mechanical Mitsubishi 4M40 injection pump, veggie oil conversion)
                        84 Corolla Liftback, Rebuilt 2C-T
                        91 4Runner Mercedes OM617 Turbo diesel

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Pics & Info....boost gauge & Turbo pressure help!

                          There is a 2C-TE Engine and this is what you have. The injection pump is EFI. Post your model and Frame numbers and I can look up more details.

                          Nev
                          Toyota Surf \"92 LN130
                          2.4 TD 2L-TE

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X